What's on - Summer at Church by the Bay
By Tom Day, 20 Apr 2022
There is lots going on at Church by the Bay during this summer term. See what is going on and how you can get involved.
Our Sunday Church service is now at Westgate Primary School, LA4 4XF. 10:00am for coffee and a 10:30am church service. We then have coffee and refreshments together before heading to our teaching time in age-groups.
Do join us for special events and weekly groups:
- The Pub Quiz returns Friday 29th April, 8pm and Friday 1st July, 8pm at The Alhambra Bar upstairs. Join us for a fun evening of drinks, snacks, and quizzing. There will also be a short talk with some food for thought from the Bible. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Silver Service returns on Monday 6th June. For over 55's, join us for food, friendly conversation, and a short food for thought from the Bible.
- Sunday funday returns on Sunday 26th June, 2-4pm at Westgate Primary School. Join us after lunch for a free aftenoon filled with fun, games and food.
- What gives you hope, and does it last? Well why not come and find out about a hope which does last, a hope based on true events in the past that gives us hope for the future and changes everything about the present. Come and join this short course to find out about the Christian Hope. It's very informal, you can take part as much or as little as you want and it is free of charge. We would love to see you there with any questions you may have. We are planning to start a course on Tuesday 3rd May, 7:30 pm and Monday 27th June, 7:30pm at our Church building, 91 Balmoral Road. If you are interested for more information.
- Pop up cafe is at our church builiding (91 Balmoral Road). It runs every term-time Tuesday 8:45-11am for Drinks and toast or a teacake, come and join us. It's free! It's for all ages and stages, we also have storytime and craft and toys for children, and we love to welcome new people. Why not pop in for a chat? Get in for more information or just pop in!
- Babygrows is a support group for parent and carers of 0-2's and their siblings. It is filled with fun, snacks, Bible story, craft and music time. If you'd like to find out more get in.
- C3 Youth is a group for young people aged 11+ on Tuesday nights 5:15-6:45pm at 91 Balmoral Road. We love having fun together playing games, enjoying food and conversation, and right at the centre of our evenings is a chance for us to look at God's word the Bible and hear what He says to us!
Latest from the Blog
- What's on - Summer at Church by the Bay20 Apr 2022
- Hope Explored20 Apr 2022
- God is Other: The Experience of Wonder - Part 207 Apr 2022
- God is Other: The Experience of Wonder - Part 107 Apr 2022
- The pursuit of happiness – finding our happiness in the07 Apr 2022